Lights, Camera, Computer, LEGO action! Kids learn all about the fun and excitement of making movies in
Brickineers Stop Motion Animation Camp: “First Movie”.
THEME: Learn how to animate Lego pieces to create video masterpieces!
Skillsets learned in this class will help children in planning, organizing and creating presentations for future classes and careers!
Five 1/2 days of introductory classes on creating exciting Stop Motion Animation! – For Children in Grades 2 to Grade 6.
This is a half day camp. If you wish a full day camp for your child, then please add the other 1/2 day camp for this week, then use coupon code FULLDAY for a 5% discount on checkout. The large quality of the equipment, set material and expertise of the facilitator make this a premium camp at bare-bone costs.
What Kids Will Learn
Plan and produce stop-motion animation videos using LEGO mini-figures, bricks, miscellaneous arts and crafts materials, HD webcams and video-capture software. Kids will express their creativity through storytelling with characters and sets. Stop-motion videos produced in camp will be saved on a complimentary USB drive, to share with friends and family on Windows or Mac computers.
Children may work on animations alone, except during teamwork exercises. Each child will have access to a HD webcam, computer and stage, unless film making tasks are shared. Younger children in Grades 2 and 3 may work in pairs to help make tasks easier and more fun.
Tinkerlab explains some of the screen time perks of introducing your kids to stop motion animation:
- Offers children ownership and autonomy in the film-making process
- The creative constraint of the medium encourages problem solving
- Encourages children to project and plan out where a story is heading
- Fosters iteration and experimentation through trying and testing
- Debunks the mechanics of how movie-making happens
- It’s a simple, hands-on technology that young children can achieve
- Supports storytelling
Stop motion animation classes help foster:
- Communication skills beyond the confines of text
- Self-expression by creating a plot and manipulating pre-made figures thereby minimizing the need for mature artistic skills
- Technical skills
- Presentation skills
After developing basic skills in this camp, children have an opportunity to expand their movie making skills during the next stop motion animation camp that uses a Spaceport and Outerworld mine for stop motion scenes (with robotics).
Brickineers classes are motivating and engaging and have become the summer highlight of many youngsters!