Welcome to the ‘advanced’ Brickineers Lego BOOST Robotics Class for Grades 4 to 6!
Brickineers classes are motivating and engaging and have become the weekly highlight of many youngsters! In this class we use the Lego Boost Robotics system to learn about structured programming, data analysis and a little bit of ratio math and geometry.
This class is for families who have or are considering using BOOST as a home-based science learning aid:
1) You have Boost, Now what? If you have the Boost kit at home, then see the great things you can do with it that involve STEM learning.
2) You are considering a purchase of Boost but are worried it will be shelved after one build (common). This class has a solution and provides a plan you can use at home and with friends.
3) You just want a great robotics class for your child/children.
This class is also for your child if:
1) Your child is not being challenged anywhere and needs to engage with like-minded peers.
2) Your child is in school but is not involved in science or does not have access to specialized equipment, even if it is shared.
3) Your child is homeschooled and needs a science class.
Each child will have access to their own computer station where they will learn how to develop programs to control the Boost robot. Boost is a great fit for these grades as the robotics kit has the optimal number of motors and sensors for learners to learn and practice important fundamentals.
Classes are based on the principles of experiential peer learning, and it is important that children have similar arithmetic knowledge and social skills, so that they can share and build up from a common foundation at a pace that all can enjoy. This speaks to the reason why these classes do not involve children from all the elementary grades. Learners will become familiar with mechanical terminology, basic programming, applied math and science, and patience with troubleshooting.