Lights, Camera, Computer, LEGO action! Kids learn all about the fun and excitement of making movies in Brickineers Stop Motion Animation Camp: “First Movie”.
THEME: Learn how to animate Lego pieces to create video masterpieces!
Skillsets learned in this class will help children in planning, organizing and creating presentations for future classes and careers!
Five 1/2 days of introductory classes on creating exciting Stop Motion Animation! – For Children in Grades 3 to Grade 6.
Only six children will be accepted for this camp so please enrol early! Homework must be completed on a daily basis!
Access to a computer at home is mandatory.
What Kids Will Learn
Plan and produce stop-motion animation videos using LEGO mini-figures, bricks, miscellaneous arts and crafts materials, HD webcams and video-capture software. Kids will express their creativity through storytelling with characters and sets.
Children may work on animations alone, except during teamwork exercises. Each child will have access to a HD webcam, computer and stage, unless film making tasks are shared. Younger children in Grades 1, 2 and 3 may work in pairs to help make tasks easier and more fun.
Tinkerlab explains some of the screen time perks of introducing your kids to stop motion animation:
- 1) Offers children ownership and autonomy in the film-making process
- 2) The creative constraint of the medium encourages problem solving
- 3) Encourages children to project and plan out where a story is heading
- 4) Fosters iteration and experimentation through trying and testing
- 5) Debunks the mechanics of how movie-making happens
- 6) It’s a simple, hands-on technology that young children can achieve
- 7) Supports storytelling
Stop motion animation classes help foster:
- Communication skills beyond the confines of text
- Self-expression by creating a plot and manipulating pre-made figures thereby minimizing the need for mature artistic skills
- Technical skills
- Presentation skills
Brickineers classes are motivating and engaging and have become the summer highlight of many youngsters!